08 Jul Term Three Update & Survey Request (we want to hear from you)!
I hope you are all safe and well.
I have received a DET announcement about a change to arrangements for schools at the start of Term 3. The information remains limited to date.
The new arrangements for schools in Metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire are as follows:
1. There will be five pupil-free days from Monday 13 to Friday 17 July for all students, except for the following:
- Students enrolled in Years 11 and 12
- Students in Year 10 enrolled in a VCE study, for VCE lessons
- Students enrolled in specialist schools
These students listed above will all attend on-site from Monday 13 July.
2. Teachers and staff not involved in on-site teaching from Monday 13 to Friday 17 July will attend on-site to:
- prepare for a possible move to remote and flexible learning from Monday 20 July;
- provide a program of care and supervision for those students whose parents/carers cannot work from home and for vulnerable students.
The new arrangements are designed to give our health experts additional time to assess the situation in these communities.
I know that this may mean uncertainty and another period of dislocation for our students and our communities.
However, these steps have been identified as critical measures to protect the safety of all of us.
The enhanced cleaning of schools and the provision of personal hygiene supplies including hand sanitiser will continue.
A revised Operations Guide will be available later this week to provide further detailed advice, as well as communications for us to share with our school community.
At Springside, we’d like to get on the front foot and would really value your feedback by Sunday 12th July so we can plan for the possibility of Remote & Flexible Learning in Term 3.
In the event the decision is made in the coming week that we will convert back to Remote and Flexible Learning, we ask parents to complete this short survey (3 minutes) with their child/ren so we can refine our practice to best meet the needs of our Springside Families.
Please click on the link below:
Furthermore, we are in the process of prettying up a form for Essential Worker Families who will require on-site ‘holiday’ care and supervision for the first week back. We are waiting on details from DET about the guidelines for supervision. These will be communicated immediately upon receipt. To my knowledge, Camp Australia will also be offering before and aftercare for families.
Thanks again for your ongoing support,
Term Three Update & Survey Request (we want to hear from you)!